ABOUT BAND WORKSHOP
Band Workshops is delighted to announce it is running ITS FAMOUS SUMMER SCHOOL again for 2015. And this time it is going to be even better!
As well as giving you the opportunity to work and perform in a band we will be including a songwritingworkshop, so you actually get to perform an original song with your band as part of the show!
You will also be given resources to cover songs* at least 2 weeks before the summer school in order to familiarise yourself and practise before the week starts.
Location: The Music Works, Milford, Godalming
Dates: Monday 27th July – 31st July, 2015
Times: To Be Confirmed
Monday – Welcome / Getting to know each other / Jam Session
Tuesday – Instrumental technique lessons / Band Workshop
Wednesday – Songwriting / Band Workshop
Thursday – Band Workshop / Rehearsal
Friday – Soundcheck / Performance
Full Price: £199.
Early Bird: £175
*the amount of songs we workshop/perform will depend on the levels within the bands. This will be gauged during the ‘Jam Session’.
WHY BAND WORKSHOPS SUMMER SCHOOL 2015?
Why choose Band Workshops?
• Here at Band Workshops we take our musicianship very seriously, but never forget the reason we started: because we love playing music!
• The aim of our summer schools is to give people the opportunity to play live with a band in an inclusive, fun and educational context.
• Networking, learning, writing, performing. What’s not to love!
By the end of the course you will have:
• Learned new techniques in your chosen discipline over different music genres
• Developed your repertoire
• Written and performed your own song
• Gained confidence
• Improved your performance skills
• Developed an understanding of the gig environment (including set-up, sound check, pre-performance prep and the gig itself)
• Spent time with a special guest from the music industry
• Met like-minded people
• Received a certificate of attendance
• Had loads of fun!